Thursday, January 29, 2009

I went to TB Common this week

I went to TB Common this week. I didn't expect to meet anyone there, not in the middle of winter. I don't just go there to meet women. I went into the bushes to have a piss. There are not many leaves on the bushes and a lot of the undergrowth has been cut away so there are not many secluded places left.

I found a place that had been used by street-girls. I saw an improvised crack pipe. I had noticed the same thing in the same position last week, but this is the first time I have ever seen drugs paraphernalia on the common ever. It is not true, as has been reported on TV, that drugs equipment is found all over the common. I also noticed a used condom hanging from a twig in the same position as last week and a lot of shit.

Someone has been smoking crack and shitting in the bushes. This is a new development. I thought perhaps there must be a disturbed woman around. Last week I did meet a woman. She was a middle-aged African woman, quite plump. Quite well-dressed, didn't look like an addict. I spoke to her but didn't go with her.

Because the mess does not get cleaned up it is easy to think that there is a greater accumulation of used condoms and other items than is in fact the case. If people are so worried about children seeing drug equipment, then why don't they make sure it is cleared away? Not that most people, especially children, would know what a crack pipe is. If a crack pipe is made of rubbish then it looks like rubbish. People don't usually go into the undergrowth anyway.

Cutting away the undergrowth may seem a good plan to stop prostitutes. The effect of it may be to force women to get into men's cars more often, thus making their lives more dangerous.

There will also be an effect on wildlife. Some birds need open ground to feed in but undergrowth to breed in. Clearing away the undergrowth will harm wildlife, especially as the brambles provide blackberries in the autumn. It would be better if local residents forgot about their obsession with prostitutes, and also stopped telling lies.

Another thing I don't like is the way that the park wardens sometimes drive around off-road in their van. This can compact the soil and can lead to the death of some trees. There are some old oak trees there and it would be a pity if they die, especially for such a trivial reason as trying to deter punters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.